GPS stands for Global Positioning System and Garmin makes your driving very easy to unknown locations. The system helps you to determine your correct position and compares it to its maps for your better experience. Garmin gives you a real-time platform to download a free Garmin GPS Update to ensure an accurate solution. Sometimes, Garmin GPS won’t turn on due to several sorts of reasons that you should be aware of.
Check Out Possible Reasons Why Garmin GPS Won’t Turn On
Corrupt Garmin USB Driver: One of the common reasons is the corrupt Garmin USB driver. You should download the Garmin driver for your operating system and make a habit of updating it regularly.
Misfit Micro SD card available in your Garmin device: In case of misplacement, you should reinsert the SD card in your device and check whether the same problem occurs.
Connection Problems: It can be a better approach if you check out all the connections in a proper manner. If you find anything problematic, you should correct it as quickly as possible.
Dead Batteries Can Also Be A Reason:
If you cut the power supply, your battery refuses to turn on. In such a case, you should replace the batteries if your Garmin device battery is unable to charge properly.
Basic Attempts To Resolve If Garmin GPS Won’t Turn On:
Reinstall The Corrupt Update File:
A corrupt update file can be a common reason behind such problems. However, you need to eject the plug carefully and then delete the files manually. Besides, you should also reinstall these files and check if the Garmin GPS still refuses to turn on.
Rectify the Faulty Hardware of Garmin Device:
You should meticulously check the hardware of the Garmin GPS device and determine if any fault takes place. Also, you should make sure that your Micro SD card is properly working and batteries are also in good condition. Besides, you will have to ensure that the Garmin motherboard is finely working.
Repair The Logic Board:
Logic board has display controls and various other necessary buttons. However, whenever you come across logic board problems, you should seek expert’s backing to repair it.
Below Are Simple Steps To Complete Garmin GPS Update Process
Update Garmin Map:
- First off, establish a connection between your Garmin GPS and your PC using the USB cable.
- On your second step, you should visit Garmin’s Find Map Updates page using a web browser.
- After that, look for the ‘Automotive’ option.
- Select ‘Download Map Updater’ and you will have to save the file to your computer system.
- Next, double-click the setup file so that you could install the Garmin Map Updater.
- Also, you should update your Microsoft .NET Framework.
- Once done, go to ‘Search for Device’ after completing the installation.
- Click the ‘Continue’ option and you will be able to confirm Garmin Map Update.
Make Use of Compatible .Net Framework
Incompatible .NET framework on the Garmin might slow down the process and also turn off the Garmin GPS. For that, you should immediately update it by replacing the older version with the latest framework.
- Make sure, the framework you are going to use for your Garmin GPS device is fully compatible.
- Further, you should install a Windows media player of the latest version.
Doing so will help you to resolve Garmin GPS Won’t Turn On problems completely from the root.
Correct The Improper Installation Of Garmin Update:
- Before you begin, you should connect your Garmin device to your computer system.
- Next, you need to install the downloaded Garmin Map on your system.
- Go to ‘Map Install Software’
- Choose the ‘PC’ connected Garmin device from the ‘Device’ option.
- Click the ‘Next’ option and you will come across a list of the maps.
- Install on your Garmin GPS device.
- Once done, you should click on the ‘Next’ option.
- Now, you will be able to download all the maps on your Garmin GPS device.
By following all the above-given steps, you will rectify Garmin GPS won’t turn on with the optimum ease. Apart from that, you can also fetch the online troubleshooting assistance to complete the Garmin Map Update successfully. Here, you will get a chance to share your worries with the proficient experts and ask for better help.
More information about the Garmin GPS Map can be accessible from our website. Just take a tour!